As well as launching the Second Edition rules in Beta, we have also launched this new forum, which is also running as a Beta and is subject to changes :)
Second Edition BETA is here! - http://www.wildwestexodus.com/content/66-rules

Some Pre-faction guide theory lists 1k

I printed out quite a bit of the union cards to do a little theory-machining.
Came up with a couple of lists that need some tuning.

Grant
Albert Cambell (Repair Rolling thunder)
Sheridan-needs mounted cost (proxy bike for now)
Willa shaw- needs mounted cost
3x Iron horses (may take 2 more)
2x Iron eagle
1x rolling thunder (gives option for weapon changes)

I am surprised Custer doesn't have the mounted option.

Abe
henry
Lucinda
Pinkerton
5x Armored guard
5x Armored Riflemen
still has some open points for weapon additions to hands

toying with the idea of carl for portals/objective grabbing.

Comments

• Having looked at Custer's weapons and having a fairly solid image in my head as to what sort of guy he would be, I'm happy with the idea of him charging headlong into the enemy while waving his sword threateningly.

I suspect in his case, the 'Meat Shield' skill is entirely accidental!

"There's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No, I'm sure of it, I hate him."

• I'm having a hard time visualizing that without a horse thou.
    My goal Is a fully functional Calvary list, which I'm so close too now.
    Its funny I have an extra sheridan, a union iron horse & a saw...
    I can mount sheridan!! Custer would have to go (mounted), or have a whole new rider sculpt..

I was hoping willa shaw went boss status, for her mounted version.
    with 1st edition, colonel albert cambell couldn't act as boss and her be an underboss..
    I want to keep abe and tesla seperate, thou abes smoke grenades are tempting my boss choice.

• May I cordially suggest you refresh the Union cards page? You might be happy with what you see. :)

"There's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No, I'm sure of it, I hate him."

• edited May 16

@Huckleberry said:
    Having looked at Custer's weapons and having a fairly solid image in my head as to what sort of guy he would be, I'm happy with the idea of him charging headlong into the enemy while waving his sword threateningly.

I suspect in his case, the 'Meat Shield' skill is entirely accidental!

Missed the meatshield, think he's making the cut, haha.. just need the armory list and I can number crunch.

Thanks!

• Did you notice that Willa Shaw is, in fact, now a Boss? :)

• card I printed says face..Am I behind on updates?

• "There's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No, I'm sure of it, I hate him."

• Did a little number crunching. Not being able to unlock slot 5/6 with out a legendary boss caps my theme list at 750 pts.

willa shaw, +mounted -Boss
    (slot 1) Sheridan, +mounted-Face
    (slot 2) Iron horse x2-Hands
    (slot 3) Iron horse x2-Hands
    (slot 4) Iron eagle x2-support

750 on the nose! To stay within the theme I have 1horse, 1 eagle and a rolling thunder to expand but no available slots.

still have to work on abes list

• I Have submitted an idea about a willa shaw themed list.. With shedders being somewhere down the pipeline, it opens up a lot of options ( provided there hands). Future development for a shredder face could surface too ( haha, maybe bebop/rocksteady too)

For now Im going with the following Theme list for her @ 955 pts.

willa shaw, +mounted -Boss, + twin grenade lauchers
    (slot 1) Sheridan, +mounted-Face
    (slot 2) Iron horse x2-Hands
    (slot 3) Iron horse x2-Hands
    (slot 4) Iron eagle x3-support
    (slot 5) Iron horse x1 (scout role)
    (slot 6) Rolling Thunder

If anyone has any ideas for theme bonuses post them here..